Though it was cloudy and cool today, I craved for a summerish meal for lunch. Since my boyfriend does not like garlic, I usually cook spaghetti or pasta without it. But I cooked this Tomato Arugula Kamut Capellini with dried garlic as the way I like in his absence 😉
I am not vegan, but sometimes I like something light and easy to digest.
I love this recipe because it is very simple, easy to make and very tasty!
Prep & Cook Time: 15 min | Yield: 1 serving
1 x Tomato
1 x Garlic Clove (raw or dried whichever works)
3 tbsp Olive Oil (I like a lot of olive oil for this recipe)
85g-100g Kamut Capellini
Some Sea Salt
1. Bring a medium pot of water and add the tomato to boil.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the capellini. Cook the capellini according to package instruction.
3. Once the tomato is boiled carefully take it out on a cutting board.
4. In the medium skillet over medium heat, pour the olive oil. Once the olive oil heated add the garlic to stir until brown.
5. Remove the skin of the tomato and chop. Put the chopped tomato into a bowl.
6. Pour 4. over 5, add arugula and sea salt to taste. Mix well.
7. Serve and enjoy.
* Tomatoes get less acidic flavor when boiled.
* Sea salt makes tomatoes sweeter.
* Pour Olive oil with cooked garlic to the chopped tomato while it is hot.
* Put the Tomato Arugula Kamut Capellini in your fridge if you like it cool like salad.
I used this Kamut capellini.
A good source of fiber and iron. Kamut is easier to digest than regular wheat pasta.
You can also use these:
Kamut Spaghetti (454g) Brand
Hope you like this recipe and let me know your comments!